New USA Baseball Bat Standard
Starting January 1, 2018 Cal Ripken will be implementing the new USA Baseball bat standard. SBL will be required to adopt these new standards, and here is what you need to know:
- What are these bats and what does that mean to you?
- The New USA bat will create a wood like performance in youth bats but also allow younger players to still use the drop -10 bats that wood bats wouldn’t achieve
- USA bats will allow the use of 2 5/8” barrels
- The old 1.15BPF stamped bats will no longer be legal in Cal Ripken play
- 13U-14U (Prep) have the option of using BBCOR or the new USA bat
- 12U and younger (Majors, Minors and Rookies) will be required to use the bats with the new USA baseball stamp. Tee ball players will have the opportunity to purchase a USA Baseball sticker to install on their bats
- Softball is not effected by these new standards
The new USA bats are readily available at local sporting goods stores. When looking for the new bat look for the USA baseball stamp directly above the grip. It should look just like the picture in this article.
For more information click this link. https://www.baberuthleague.org/bat-rules.aspx